[texbirds] Caldwell Co.

  • From: Jeff McIntyre <jeffmci9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds listserv <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2013 16:55:49 -0400

Drove around Caldwell county for a couple of hours.....really didn't get out of
the car much at all.  Nothing too out of the ordinary, but some returning
species....
2 Ruby-crowned Kinglets
4 Clay-colored Sparrows
Yellow-headed Blackbird
House Wren
several phoebes - but they've been back around for at least a couple of weeks
now
1 Sora - a casualty of last night's(?) migration.  It was hanging from a power
line......
Only warblers I noticed driving along were Black and White, Yellow, and
Nashville.

In our yard in Pflugerville (Travis co.), our orioles seem to have packed it
and headed out last night.  No sign of them today.

Jeff McIntyre
Pflugerville, TX