[texbirds] Bushtits

  • From: "Terry Hibbitts" <thibb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2013 09:06:04 -0500

I have lived in Camp Wood Hills since June of 2005.  The first few years I
saw Bushtits at least once or twice a year.  I have not seen any on the
property now for three years.  On a bird survey last year 20 Feb 2012 I saw
a small group on a hillside north of Barksdale.  These are the only ones I
have seen on the three properties I do surveys.  So I guess I would agree
with Chuck that the Bushtit population tends to be down in eastern Edwards
County.  Another bird that has dropped in population in this area (I think)
is Canyon Towhee.

Terry Hibbitts
Camp Wood, TX
www.thehibbitts.net