[texbirds] Buff-breasted Sandpipers and Mountain Plovers in Matagorda County

  • From: Bob and Ruth Friedrichs <twofried@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 14:07:39 -0600

The Buff-breasted Sandpipers (4) and Mountain Plovers (8) we're present this
morning at 8am at the South Citrus Rd (CR 381) sod farm.

The Buffies were tough this morning; in the middle of the farm and only visible
with a scope. They and the BB Plovers and American Pipits spooked when a
Harrier flew over and could not be relocated.  The Mountain Plovers were easier
and are still in the farthest NW field.  They were resting (roosting?) in the
black dirt strips running east/west through the sod.

To find South Citrus Rd, take Hwy 35 or Hwy 60 to FM 521.  From FM 521 take CR
383 (Henry Rd) south off of FM 521.  This 'T' into the NW side of the sod farm
and Citrus Rd.

Good birding,
Bob Friedrichs
Palacios / Houston

Sent from my iPadEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at