[texbirds] Black-throated Gray Warbler Quinta Mazatlan

  • From: John Brush <jsbrush10@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2014 12:13:37 -0600

Hello,
Tiffany K and I led a bird walk this morning at Quinta Mazatlan and had a
pleasant array of birds. The Common Pauraque remains quite visible, as does
one of our resident Eastern Screech-Owls.
A Summer Tanager was vocal, and after a few minutes of searching some of
the group got great looks at a mostly yellow female bird, which also had
burnt orange rectrices.

A female Black-throated Gray Warbler was a pleasant surprise as we began
our walk, and Tiffany's group got looks at a flyover Peregrine Falcon. Full
list below.

Plain Chachalaca  14
Osprey  1
Red-tailed Hawk  1
Rock Pigeon  1
White-winged Dove  6
Inca Dove  8
Eastern Screech-Owl (McCall's)  1
Common Pauraque  1
Ruby-throated Hummingbird  1
Golden-fronted Woodpecker  5
Peregrine Falcon  1
Great Kiskadee  9
Green Jay 1
House Wren 1
Black-crested Titmouse  4
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher  5
Ruby-crowned Kinglet  3
Clay-colored Thrush  3
Curve-billed Thrasher  2
Northern Mockingbird  3
European Starling  10
Orange-crowned Warbler  4
Black-throated Gray Warbler  1
Wilson's Warbler
Olive Sparrow  1
Summer Tanager  1     Foraging on wildcat trail near amphitheater. Eating
fruits.
Great-tailed Grackle  1
American Goldfinch  3
House Sparrow  100