[texbirds] Boca Chica Beach - Glaucous Gull and Peregrine Falcon

  • From: Erik Breden <erik.breden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2014 20:20:43 -0500

TexBirders,

Haven't gotten out too much this winter, but when the daughter of
some friends was visiting and wanted to go to the "beach", we all
jumped into my Jeep and headed for Boca Chica. The "tour" included
driving down to the mouth of the not-so-mighty Rio Grande and then up
to the jetty at the inlet.

Not too many birds overall, but a few good ones highlighted the day,
including the "resident?" Glaucous Gull that has been there all
winter and a Peregrine Falcon resting on the beach. There were also
small groups of Horned Larks foraging in the seaweed along the high tide mark.

A few photos are up at:

www.otterside.com/winer2014

Enjoy!

Erik Breden