[texbirds] Re: Black-tailed Godwit

  • From: David Sarkozi <david@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: rbello@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2012 17:56:30 -0500

Please start sending your posts to texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I gather the Black-tailed Godwit is present all day. I saw it about
9:30 this morning and it was present until I left at close to 11 am.
There was a crop duster working in the area though and it would fly
over low several times, stirring up the birds. The godwit never moved
far when it did, but it would take just one really loud low pass to
stir it up really well.

Take a look at the Google map of the area:

http://goo.gl/maps/JWa7

There are several ponds not visible from the road that it could move
too. Quality of the habitat is much more of the issue. If i stays on
the present pond light should be great in the evening.

--
David Sarkozi
Houston, TX