[texbirds] Black-chinned Hum - First of season - southwest Austin

  • From: "LMarkoff" <canyoneaglej@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'texbirds'" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <TX-HUMMER@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 11:49:43 -0500

Hooray, I wasn't imagining it!

Yesterday afternoon I thought I heard a hummer but didn't see it.  Have been
keeping an eye/ear out all morning and finally saw it so can confirm a male
Black-chinned hum has arrived, the first hummer species for this location
this year.

This arrival date is typical.  Last year's first was March 8, which was
unusually early for here.

Yay for hums!

Lori Markoff
near Brodie and Slaughter Lanes, Austin