[texbirds] Re: Black Scoter-Balmorhea

  • From: Dennis Shepler <dawgler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Graham Floyd <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 19:51:28 -0600

TEXBIRDERS,
Greg Cook, Tripp Davenport, Candy McNamee, and I had two Sagebrush Sparrows
at the Balmorhea Cemetery.  In addition to the Black Scoter, we also had,
of note, the Black-legged Kittiwake, three Merganser species, Cackling and
Canada Goose, Snow and Ross' Goose, and three Chukar, as well as numerous
species of west Texas land birds.  In the late afternoon, we had two
Williamson's Sapsuckers at L.E.Woods Picnic.  Thanks to Candy's ability to
hear the tapping of the first sapsucker.
Cheers
Dennis
In Alpine

On Fri, Nov 29, 2013 at 11:41 AM, Graham Floyd <spcgraham.floyd@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> Greg Cook found a Black Scoter at Lake Balmorhea.  He's got much better
> photos than I do.  No Surf Scoter, yet.
>
> Williamson's Sapsucker continues in same tree as described by Mark
> Lockwood at Lawrence Wood Picnic Area.
>
> I dipped on Sagebrush Sparrow at Balmorhea Cemetary:-(. Green-tailed
> Towhee was a nice surprise.
>
> Why are there Chukar here?
>
> Graham Floyd,
> San Antonio, TX
>
> Sent from my iPhoneEdit your Freelists account settings for TEXBIRDS at

W. Dennis Shepler