[texbirds] Birds on the move in Kleberg County

  • From: Glenn Perrigo <kfghp00@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Mar 2013 11:35:19 -0500

Texbirders,
Had a tough time getting to the office this morning, especially when two
Swallow-tailed Kites passed just to the west of my house near Kaufer-Hubert
Park.  That¹s not an easy bird to see in my neck of the county (Baffin Bay).
They usually fly farther inland hugging the Highway 77 corridor.

Also conspicuously on the move were shorebirds, mainly Upland Sandpipers and
lots of Am. Golden Plovers.

Glenn Perrigo
On Baffin Bay
Riviera, Kleberg Co.