[texbirds] Birder Patrol Trip Saturday the 26th To La Feria

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "MiriamEagl@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2014 16:47:58 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, all!

This month's Birder Patrol trip (Saturday the 26th) will be to the La Feria
 area which will include the Nature Park, Sod farms, and Tiocano Lake.
King  Rails have been sighted at the latter, and shorebird migration is
underway, so  we should see SOMETHING!  Norma has some surprises up her sleeve,
including  an area that has Gray Hawks, so there will be a bit of exploring!

Meet at the Whataburger in La Feria off US 83 at 7:00.  We'll probably
pack into vehicles as much as possible to start in order to hit Tiocano Lake
first (very few places to pull over), then return to the Whataburger and
rearrange things more comfortably.  Cost is $5.00 per person, and all  proceeds
go to support the Arroyo Colorado Audubon Society with their birding
classes and Ramsey Park.

We may have a few "newbies" coming, so if anyone has extra bins, please
bring them to share!

See you there,

MB
Mary Beth  Stowe