[texbirds] Bird Sightings at the Edinburg Scenic Wetlands

  • From: mbarrera@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 20:38:56 +0000

With hummingbird migration upon us, the EWBC gardens are alive with large
numbers of Ruby-throats passing by while taking advantage of our Turk's Cap for
their nectar as well as our feeders to retain their strength as they continue
their journey! Along with the hummingbirds, we spotted a few Groove-billed Anis
hanging out at our Dragonfly Pond! I found this to be pretty exciting since I
hadn't seen Anis at our grounds in a while! Also, the Belted Kingfisher has
come to visit us once again and was spotted at our Dragonfly Pond.

Other bird species observed were the Yellow-brested Chat, Baltimore Oriole,
Clay-colored Thrush, Cooper's Hawk, Nashville Warbler as well as the some of
the first of our fall/winter friends, the Blue-winged Teals.

A full list of sightings will be submitted soon!

Be sure to stop on by our grounds, there's loads to see!

Have a great afternoon!

Monica Barrera
Environmental Educator/Naturalist Assistant
Edinburg Scenic Wetlands & World Birding Center 714 S. Raul Longoria Rd.
Edinburg, Texas 78540(956) 381-9922