[texbirds] Bird ID

  • From: Jennifer Miller <foundnatureblog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TexBirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 14:06:28 -0500

Hi All,
I had a new bird at my feeder this afternoon (safflower seed). There were 6
individuals along with House Finches. My best guess is Pine Siskins, but I
would like some independent confirmation. One picture has the bird in
question next to a House Finch for scale. The colors in the pics are a
little muted since they were taken through a double-pane window. Below is a
link to the pics:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/33415644@N05/sets/72157642864402564/

I created the account to share the photos, so if the link does not work,
please let me know and I will fix it. This is my first attempt to share
photos this way.

Thanks,

Jennifer Miller
Lubbock, TX