[texbirds] Big Day Coming Up

  • From: Penny Miller <txbirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 09:36:02 -0600

We'll be holding a Big Day event in Wichita Falls on January 4. This is a
fundraiser for Wild Bird Rescue, Inc., which is a local nonprofit that
rehabilitates wild birds and provides educational programs about birds to
schools and at other community events.
All birders are welcome to participate. For those who are participating in
the Texas Century Club, this is a good way to get a jump on your list for
Wichita and Archer counties by birding with local birders who know the hot
spots. If we have enough birders, teams may venture into Wilbarger and/or
Clay counties.

Our goal is 100 species. We have been just shy of that number in previous
years (96 species last year), but with the right weather and a little
cooperation from the birds, it is doable. It seems every year, it is the
common, "easy" birds that we miss.

And of course, since it is a fundraiser, sponsors are welcome.

If you would like more information about participating, you can email me
directly at txbirds@xxxxxxxxx.

--
Penny Miller
Wichita Falls, TX