[texbirds] Re: Bastrop SP Sept 16...Manikins etc.

  • From: antshrike1@xxxxxxx
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2013 15:17:48 -0400 (EDT)

Regarding Nutmeg Mannikin (Speckled Munia) added to the ABA List, I notice lots
of Texas eBirders are fattening their list totals with all those exotics across
the state.  Guess I'd better get out and add those Egyption Geese, Black Swans,
Mute Swans, Bar-headed Geese, mannikins, Orange Bishop, numerous parrots,
Red-vented Bulbuls, peafowl, guineafowl.  I could pick up about 20 for my state
list!  Here's the link to Hitler's 700th bird which he could have gotten in
Texas (but didn't).

http://10000birds.com/hitlers-700th-bird.htm

Dan Jones, Weslaco