[texbirds] Re: Bald Eagle Injured on Hwy 37 South (Update)

  • From: Lora Render <lorarend@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: New Texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 00:02:27 -0500

Hi Everyone,
This is a follow up posting on the Bald Eagle that I posted on the 12th of
March, Last Chance Forever went out there and wasn't able to find the bird
according to the directions that were given.  I felt compelled to go out myself
the following day around 3:00 when I had some free time and walked the area
along I-37 and sifted the area very thoroughly and was relieved to find no
indication that the bird had been injured but just possibly stunned.  I then
decided to bird Braunig Lake and drove the back streets near San Antonio River
which is on the west side of the Hwy just to cover as many avenues as possible,
without any luck.   My friend from Georgia named David Cree has finally made it
home and posted the photo of the Bald Eagle and a description of what happened.
 I received many emails from fellow birders asking if this could have been a
Crested Carcara, by the photo you can clearly see it's a beautiful Bald Eagle.

I hope this beautiful guy is soaring high in the sky!
Lora Render
San Antonio,
http://www.flickr.com/photos/27397197@N06/8573798438/in/contacts/