[texbirds] Bald Eagle Country Club Lake, Bryan, Brazos County

  • From: Shirley Wilkerson <shirley.wilkerson@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: brazosaudubon <brazosaudubon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 00:20:54 -0600

Today had a 3rd year Bald Eagle behind the Little Girl Scout House, dipping
and diving at the Coots. Then, I remembered Rick L. saying he had seen one
there earlier in Dec.   I ran home to get my camera, and returned about
3:15 or so, and finally saw it again, this time, high up above the pier.
It circled around a time or two, made one swoop at the ducks, then headed .
. .  due east . . . ????  There is no water due east, so don't know where
it was going.  Also, Ringed-neck Ducks, and Buffleheads.
Shirley Wilkerson
Brazos County

Photos of the Eagle here:

http://www.bluemelon.com/caramia/birds-intaxonomicorder#photo-4591415/T800600