[texbirds] Tundra Swan, but NO Long-tailed Duck

  • From: Lee Pasquali <l.pasquali.birds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 22:32:14 -0600

Today Betty and I started out to find the Long-tailed Duck in Junction, but
along the way in Mountain Home we stopped at the Heart Of the Hills
Fisheries Science Center where we found the juvenile Tundra Swan as
reported by Betty Sue Dunn at close range . See the photo at

http://www.flickr.com/photos/25073316@N06/11722488685/

We missed the Long-tailed Duck and even Randy Helton couldn't find it for
us. Randy said don't give up there have been other days that he has not
found the duck.

Good Birding,

Lee Pasquali