[texbirds] BRIEF ADDENDUM to "Valley Nature Center Field Trip to SE Kleberg Co. (02/23/13)"

  • From: "Rex Stanford" <calidris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "TEXBIRDS" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 22:58:27 -0600

I would like readers of my report of earlier today ("Valley Nature Center
Field Trip to SE Kleberg Co. (02/23/13)" to know that the discoverer of the
Ferruginous Hawk yesterday morning in southeastern Kleberg County was Rick
Nirschl. All of us on the tour are immensely grateful to Rick for spotting
this bird and quickly noticing that he had something different that he
subsequently studied, via spotting scope, in more detail and in various
locations. In the meantime he helped others, myself included, to get onto
the bird. Soon everyone was alerted and was ready to study or photograph it
when it took to the air.

I am sure that everyone in our group gives Rick a heartfelt "Thank you very
much!"

Rex Stanford
McAllen, TX