[texbirds] Avenue A, Brackenridge Park & San Antonio Botanical Gardens - Saturday, February 16th

  • From: "Willie Sekula" <williebird22@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 22:05:57 -0600

Matt Heindel and I birded Avenue A, Brackenridge Park & San Antonio
Botanical Gardens today.  It was quite birdy with good weather - cool
temperatures and sunshine.  We first birded Avenue A, then Brackenridge Park
and then finally the Botanical Gardens.

Birds of Note:
Wood Duck 4
Allen's Hummingbird 1 (Old Fashioned Garden - flycatching in live oak)
Calliope Hummingbird 1 (Old Fashioned Garden - nectaring on salvias; also
seen nectaring by the Children's Vegetable Garden)
Black-chinned Hummingbird 1 (on feeder by the Children's Vegetable Garden)
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 1 female
Hammond's Flycatcher 1 (Botanical Gardens - just north of the Amphitheater;
between Texas Native Trail & Amphitheater)
Golden-crowned Kinglet 5
Red-breasted Nuthatch 8 (5 at one time in elm tree!)
Pine Warbler 4
Pine Siskin 12

Willie Sekula
Falls City