[texbirds] Armand Bayou CBC - Saturday, December 20, 2014

  • From: Martha <mhood85@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2014 16:36:35 -0500

Come for the birds, come for the fun, but just come! Volunteers are needed
in the field and in backyards for Armand Bayou's Christmas Bird Count which
includes areas of LaPorte, League City, Dickinson, Seabrook and Bacliff
(and lots of places in between, see *map* <http://goo.gl/maps/q9JLG>). We
typically count around 150 species, and our success it due to our dedicated
counters! Our count circle has a variety of habitat, including pockets of
hardwood forests, grasslands, wetlands, and water (open bay and ponds). Our
unusual species have included Piping Plover, Virginia Rail, Hooded Warbler,
Rock Wren, Grasshopper Sparrow, Great Kiskadee, Green-tailed Towhee,
Broad-tailed Hummingbird and more! Last year we had our highest count of
the Bald Eagle, a bird which now has successfully nested in the area. We
meet at 6:30 AM at Armand Bayou Nature Center’s auditorium and will have
Tally Rally at a local restaurant afterwards. We will also be owling at
Armand Bayou Nature Center (5:00 AM-ish). Please contact Martha Hood at
*lazuli007@xxxxxxxxx* <lazuli007@xxxxxxxxx> to register, get signed up for
an area and for further details. Also check out the Armand Bayou CBC
Facebook community page at *Armand Bayou CBC & Local Birding*
<http://www.facebook.com/Armand.Bayou.CBC> (you don't need to have an
account). Thank you!
Martha Hood
Armand Bayou CBC, compiler