[texbirds] Arbuckle to Savers Rd., Bastrop Co. Canada Warbler (Local)

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 11:38:24 -0500

   Jumped my usual route today for some different birding.  One Canada
Warbler was my favorite of the morning.   In Giant Ragweed there were a
variety of birds including my FOF Wilson's Warbler, Yellows, a few
Nashvilles and some empids tho not many.  Loads of Gnatcatchers.
   On Sayers Rd. there Uplands, then Uplands and then More Uplands...Likely
pushing 180-200.  There were a few Buff-breasted Sandies but only around a
dozen. A Yellow-headed Blackbird was in a mixed blackbird flock at the
cattle pens on Sayer's Rd..   31 Caracaras were searching for something in
one of the large pastures but they were somewhat distant and I could not
make out what it was they were going after
  2 Broad-winged Hawks, 1 Black Tern and about 14 Mississippi Kites were
roughly in the same area .  A singing Red-eyed Vireo on old Sayer's Rd.
seemed quite late to me

  1 Gray Fox.  Zero traffic on Old Sayer's Rd.  it was nice.

Stopped by Fisherman's Park in Bastrop very briefly to look/listen for the
Kiskadee but dipped on that but it was already getting late in the morning
by then.  A pair of Least Grebe remain on a private pond as of yesterday
evening.

--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist