[texbirds] Anzalduas County Park and NABA

  • From: Marie Stewart <littlebitrv@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TEXBIRDS <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 01:22:37 -0500

With the possible rain the next 4 Days I decided to go Birding. I went
first to the Anzalduas County Park before it got to hot.   Then to NABA
I find it is normally much cooler there because of all the shade. Also
the heat doesn't seem to get to the Butterflies like it do to the birds.
I will be putting photos on Flicker tomorrow.
Marie Stewart
Back in Alamo TX

09-04-13 Anzalduas County Park TX
Black Phoebe 1
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher 2
Red-winged Blackbird  3
House Sparrow 4
Great-tailed Grackle 20
Northern Mockingbird 6
Green Jay 2
White-winged Dove 10
Mourning Dove 6
Turkey Vulture 1
Barn Swallow 6
Caspian Tern 2
Cattle Egret 3
Great Egret 2
Greater Yellowlegs 1
Laughing Gull 18
Loggerhead Shrike 1
Killdeer 1
Neotropic Cormorant 6
Osprey 1
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher 12
Snowy Egret 2
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher 1
Tropical Kingbird 6
Yellow Warbler 5

09-04-13 National Butterfly Center Mission TX
Plain Chachalaca 2
Northern Bobwhite 11 or 12
Groove-billed Ani  3
Golden-fronted Woodpecker 3