[texbirds] Anna's hummingbird in northwest Houston

  • From: William S Hitchcock <wsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 14:15:13 -0500

We have had an unusual summer for hummingbirds. Even with hail
destroying most of our flowers in May, we have had a female Anna's and a
male Ruby-throated all summer.

We only put out one feeder in the summer. Most summers we have only
occasional hummers. The Anna's has been here June, July, and now August.

Bill and Teresa Hitchcock
Northwest Houston