[texbirds] Tuesday morning birding, HAGERMAN NWR.

  • From: Jack Chiles <chilesjack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Texbirds <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Aug 2015 16:20:41 -0500

Supposedly a cool front had come thru but it was hard to tell any difference
and the birds were not real active so we wound up with 54 species. But a couple
of upsides were 3 Buff-breasted Sandpipers and 3 Red-shouldered Hawks. That was
the first Buff-breasted Sandpipers of the year and the Red-shouldered Hawks
have been difficult to locate. We did see a lot of Spotted Sandpipers and some
Solitary Sandpipers. There were 7 Blue-winged Teal hanging out along the edge
of the lake. We had a total of 6 Greater Roadrunners 3 of which were in one
group.
Jack Chiles, Texas master naturalist and volunteer, Hagerman NWR.