[texbirds] American Bittern still in NW Austin

  • From: Behrens Mikael <mikaelb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Tex Birds <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 13:26:59 -0600

I just saw a Facebook post from my neighbors Sue and Steve Whitmer that they
saw the American Bittern from the footbridge on Lake Creek Trail this morning.
Sunday morning I ran into Roger Shaw out there and we did not see the bird. So
sometimes it's out and sometimes I guess it stays hidden in the tall vegetation.

See below for a map and directions.

Mikael Behrens
Austin
Williamson County