[texbirds] Re: African Collared-Dove (formerly Ringed Turtle-Dove) in Gatesville

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: josephkennedy36@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2012 17:31:39 -0500

OK all, I am likely confusing yall as much as I am confusing myself
here...I wanted to point out that I thought

Ring-necked Dove *Streptopelia capicola   And
Ringed-turtle Dove / African Collared Dove  *Streptopelia roseogrisea /

.....were different species completely species and I was asking more or
less how she was separating it from the former.  Since I am not familar
with that species/form/hybrid or whatever it might be...as an exotic
escapee in Texas though it has been found in Ark. and elsewhere...I agree
with Mary that the bird is too hefty to be a "Turtle-Dove"
--
Brush Freeman
Independent and affiliated Field Biologist