[texbirds] A night flight Bobolink in Utley

  • From: Brush Freeman <brushfreeman@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 23:12:57 -0500

*************************************************************************************************************
   So good to be back at the cabin for a bit.  Was outside listening and
looking at moths and turning off sprinklers around at the light ~10:15 and
heard a Bobolink(s) call several times as an unseen flyover.  The call
notes are distinctive so if you are able to and are away from the drone of
Cityville you could hear one as they were just starting to make their way
into Port O'Connor with thie big front a few days ago (I did not make even
the slightest effort to looks after last night's squall)
.   This evening I heard a lot of flyovers, Uplands, Yellowlegs, Solitary
Sandpipers, Buntings/Dickcissels a RB Grosbeak and several calls I could
not ID off the top of my head but suspect many of the "seeps" and dry chips
were sparrows, thrushes and warblers....They are/were not very high up just
after dark but the post twilight low altitude rush seems to be mostly over
as of around 10:20-30P.
  Five Chuck-will's greeted me on my return at dusk.

Brush Freeman
361-655-7641 Cell
http://texasnaturenotes.blogspot.com/
Finca Alacranes., Utley,Texas