[texbirds] A good visit to Clapp Park

  • From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, leasbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Apr 2015 17:36:08 -0500

Greetings All:
I spent a little over two hours at Clapp Park this afternoon, picking up 51
species of birds under much improved conditions (warm and sunny, a bit of
dry down occurring) over my last visit.

Highlights were 2 American Wigeons, 4 Blue-winged Teals, 4 Cattle Egrets, 2
Yellow-crowned Night Herons, 1 Green Heron, 3 White-faced Ibises, 1
Solitary Sandpiper, 1 Wilson's Snipe, 1 (very early, in my opinion)
Yellow-billed Cuckoo, 1 Red-naped Sapsucker, 2 Northern Rough-winged
Swallows, 1 House Wren, 2 Blue-gray Gnatcatchers, 2 Hermit Thrushes, 1 Gray
Catbird, 1 Black-and-white Warbler, 2 Orange-crowned Warblers, 1 Common
Yellowthroat, 1 Wilson's Warbler, 5 Chipping Sparrows, 2 Clay-colored
Sparrows, 1 female Indigo Bunting, 2 Pine Siskins, and 1 Lesser Goldfinch.

New for my site list this year: Cattle Egret, White-faced Ibis, Solitary
Sandpiper, Indigo Bunting, Western Kingbird, Gray Catbird, Black-and-white
Warbler, Blue-gray Gnatcatcher, Red-naped Sapsucker, Yellow-billed Cuckoo,
Chimney Swift, Clay-colored Sparrow, Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, House Wren,
and Wilson's Warbler, bringing me up to 118 species of bird at the site so
far in 2015.

Anthony 'Fat Tony' Hewetson; Lubbock