[texbirds] A Silly Texas Warbler Question (or Two or Three)

  • From: Berner Family <jcazberner@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 22:08:00 -0700 (PDT)

Texbirders:

I was looking at the TBRC list of the 54 warbler species that have been seen in
Texas all-time and had a silly Texas warbler question (or two).

What's the most warblers than any individual person has seen in Texas?

1. Has anyone seen all 54 warblers in Texas in their lifetime?
This is possible--although Texas Connecticut warblers are tough. 53 may be the
record. Who has 53 or 54?

2. What's the most warblers seen in Texas in one year?

Looks like Lynn Barber had a very impressive 50 in 2005 (missing only
Connecticut, Slate-throated Redstart, Fan-tailed and Hermit)
which must be the annual record.

Okay--here's one question I'm not sure anybody knows the answer to.

3. Texbirders, Who has seen the most warblers in one day in Texas and how many
was that?

I'm guessing it's slightly greater than 30 but well less than 40.

Has anybody out there seen more than 30 wood-warblers in Texas in one calendar
day--if so--Where and When. There's got to be a very interesting story behind
that--I'm guessing it was a while ago on the Upper or Central Texas Coast when
warblers were more plentiful.

 Do Tell.  Brush ???, Ted E ???, Mel ???

thanks

John Berner
Katy/W.Houston
W. Houston/Katy
 Here's the link to the 54 warblers--skip down to
FAMILY PARULIDAE: WOOD-WARBLERS
http://www.texasbirds.org/tbrc/statelst.htm