[texbirds] 4-9-14 Whip, Chuck, Chimney @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2014 21:47:23 -0500

4-9-14 Whip, Chuck, Chimney @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
Fun evening, two Chuck-wills-widows started in the backyard with another
calling nearby.  A Whip-poor-will was calling and a fairly large owl flew out
of the backyard.  During the day, a Chuck was disturbed in the backyard and
flew just two feet above Sandi's head.  Earlier this evening, I had Chimney
Swifts fly by.

I had to be gone today, but we ended up with 16 visitors and when I returned, I
eagerly went to gather checklists from the Visitor Kiosk.  There were NONE!!
Two had been sent into EBird and I got a copy, but no others.  I ask all
visitors to leave a checklist, which I provide, unless they aren't comfortable
ID'ing the birds....

There will be Digiscoping classes Friday, Saturday and Sunday with your
equipment or with equipment you can borrow.  Let me know if you want to join us.

Susan Schaezler
Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
WarblerWoods.org , 501(c)(3)
Cibolo/Schertz, Guadalupe County, GCBO Site Partner
Lone Star Land Steward Winner, Lifetime SAAS, TAS, TOS