[texbirds] 2-25-14 Amazing creation @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Tue, 25 Feb 2014 19:45:37 -0600

2-25-14 Amazing creation @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
This is not what I need, but we have another amazing Hotspot here!  The Chat
Pond now has a water feature, thanks to the Texas State Wildlife Society and
I'm now filling a feeder and spreading on the ground, plus the combination of
perfect habitat for the birds and we have a major Hotspot!  I'm really getting
squeezed with trying to cover all this and I have to mostly skip the fields and
rarely have time for the forest.  This area has a blind and bench, but soon, we
will have an Eagle Scout project to put a major blind in there, much like the
Scout Pond Dam Blind.  We always offer to fund materials on these and the Scout
Pond Dam Blind cost $1100.

I was able to bird this afternoon and had a wonderful day.  I had Brown and
Long-billed Thrashers calling angrily back and forth.  They were chasing each
other all around the Chat Pond.  The Harris's and White-throated were also in
the area.  I probably had 25 species at the Chat Pond in an hour.  Earlier, I
had 4 Spotted Towhees at once at the Scout Pond Dam.

I hope you can visit soon, with permission first, please

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS