[texbirds] 2 Magnificent Frigatebirds over Port Isabel

  • From: "Stephen Labuda, Jr." <slabudajr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 10:30:14 -0700 (PDT)

This morning at about 11:15 I was driving from Port Isabel to Laguna Heights
going west on Texas Hwy 100.  I noticed two large birds in the air and looked
up to see two Magnificent frigatebirds.  One was an adult female and the other
a juvenal.  I only had the birds in sight for about 30 seconds, as I drove
beneath them.  Perhaps others in the area saw these birds this morning.

Stephen Labuda
Laguna Vista