[texbirds] 13 Warbler Species at Laguna Gloria (Austin)

  • From: Sam Fason <scfason@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <texbirds@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 21:01:41 -0500

Seeing all the good reports from the area this morning, I went to Laguna
Gloria this afternoon, and it did not disappoint. 13 warbler species is my
best count at Laguna this springs. My personal favorites were good looking
male Canada (FOY), Mourning, and female Blackburnian. A Gray-cheeked Thrush
found yesterday lingered overnight, and was glimpsed several times again
today, never straying far from the mulberries. Tons of empids were around
too, best being a vocal Alder Flycatcher and a nice Yellow-bellied (FOY).
Least Flycatchers were everywhere, as were Traill's types, most of which
were vocal Willows... List of migrants as follows:
Yellow-bellied Cuckoo - 1
Olive-sided Flycatcher - 1
Yellow-bellied Flycatcher - 1
Alder Flycatcher - 1 (vocal)
Willow Flycatcher - 4 (all very vocal)
"Traill's" Flycatcher - 2
Least Flycatcher - 6
Great Crested Flycatcher - 1
Philadelphia Vireo - 1
Gray-cheeked Thrush - 1 (continuing bird from yesterday)
Swainson's Thrush - 2
Northern Waterthrush - 1
Black-and-white Warbler - 1
Mourning Warbler - 1