[texbirds] 10-26-13 Today @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary

  • From: Susan Schaezler <warblerwoods@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 18:44:49 -0500

10-26-13 Today @ Warbler Woods Bird Sanctuary
Today we had Texas State Wildlife Society come to do community service and WOW,
they did!  They adopted the easement by the Sparrow Hole for Prairie
Restoration.  They cleared the area of undesirable species and started the
preparation for future planting.  They have adopted this area and we are
delighted!  They also worked on trail maintenance , cleared Thomas' Meadow
from weeds, worked on the new blind at the Scout Pond Dam .  It's wonderful to
have young muscles to help!

One student recommended this new app and it looks very desirable!

Waite's Guide to Birds of America

We had both Crows and Ravens flying about today.

Susan Schaezler
WarblerWoods.org
501(c)(3) Cibolo/Schertz/Guadalupe County
Life member TOS, SAAS, TAS