[terrapin] Terrapin Times July 2003

  • From: Terrapin Beer Company <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: terrapin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 18:03:57 -0400

TERRAPIN TIMES July, 2003
www.terrapinbeer.com

Welcome to the latest issue of the TERRAPIN TIMES, the monthly email
newsletter of Terrapin Beer Company. If you do not wish to receive future
issues of the TERRAPIN TIMES, instructions on how to be removed from the
Terrapin Extreme Team membership list are included at the bottom of this
message.

In this issue:
* NEED PHISH TICKETS?!?!?!
* TERRAPIN NOW AVAILABLE IN NW GEORGIA
* NEW PINT GLASSES ARE IN
* UPCOMING PROMOTIONS
* LET'S TALK BEER (CONTEST)
* HAPPY BIRTHDAY (CONTEST)

NEED PHISH TICKETS?!?!?!
Terrapin Beer Company will be at Jakes Toadhouse on Sunday July 13 at 9pm
where there are tickets to be had!.  We are proud to be working with Jake's
(www.jakesroadhouse.net) and "Chris and Lacy Present" to give away tickets
for the sold-out Phish show Saturday, July 26th at HiFi Buys Amphitheatre
(Lakewood for the real phans...) Lacy and Chris will be giving away the
tickets in several fashions, including random drawings, a PHISH DANCE
CONTEST and, most importantly, PHISH TRIVIA. Come test your knowledge of
the band and win free goo!!! Questions will range from beginner level to
"tourhead" level. Chris and Lacy will be spinning great Phish bootlegs from
the last 20 years for your listening pleasure. Beer specials will be
available and Terrapin merchandise will be given away!

TERRAPIN NOW AVAILABLE IN NW GEORGIA
Beginning in late June, Terrapin Rye Pale Ale  became available in NW
Georgia. Terrapin has reached an agreement with North Georgia Distributing
to carry the Rye Pale Ale in their territory. The last word we had was that
Terrapin is now available in Rome at the cigar shop (Old Havana Cigars) and
the Brick Oven Bistro.  We are working on more placements and will keep you
informed.

NEW PINT GLASSES ARE IN
Terrapin's new Pint Glasses are in.  They have our new logo on the front
and a picture of the Great American Beer Festival Gold Medal on the back.
(In case anyone forgot, Terrapin Rye Pale Ale was picked by our peers in
the brewing industry as the best American Pale Ale when we won the Gold
Medal at the 2002 GABF, beating out 92 other pale ales from all over the
U.S.) We don't expect these pint glasses to last long so if you would like
to guarantee receiving one, please send a check for $5 with your address to
Terrapin Beer Company, 196 Alps Rd. #2-237, Athens, GA 30606.  You can also
look for promotions at various bars that we are sponsoring where these
glasses may be given away.  Speaking of which:

UPCOMING PROMOTIONS
Would you rather buy your pint glass with beer already in it and then take
it home?  If so we have several locations during July where you can do just
that by participating in our Terrapin Pint Nights.  Buy a beer and keep the
glass; while supplies last.

July 10 - Thursday - JR's Baitshack - Athens.  $2 Pints from 10:30 to 12:30pm.
July 11 - Friday - Atkins Park - Smyrna.
July 11 - Friday - Taco Mac - Duluth.
July 12 - Saturday - Taco Mac - Lawrenceville
July 13 - Sunday - Jakes Toadhouse.  Don't forget about the Phish tickets!
July 15 - Tuesday - Rocky Mt. Pizza - GA Tech. Trivia night.
July 16 - Wednesday - Mellow Mushroom - Brookhaven. Trivia night.
July 17 - Thursday - Donnelly's - Marietta (by Life College).
July 18 - Friday - Summits Wayside Tavern - Cumming.
July 18 - Friday - Summits Wayside Tavern - Roswell Rd.
July 18 - Friday - Summits Wayside Tavern - Snellville.
July 20 - Sunday - Brewhouse Cafe - Little Five Points.  4 - 8pm.
July 26 - Saturday - Athens Steam Company Pub. Blues and Brew night with
the Neal "Big Daddy" Pattman Band.

These last two are not official Terrapin promotions but if you keep your
eyes peeled you will find us in the parking lot with a keg or two. If you
see us, feel free to stop by and have a pint.
July 26 - Saturday - Phish at Lakewood.
July 31 - Thursday - Bob Dylan, Robert Hunter, The Dead at Lakewood.

If we have not had a promotion at your favorite watering hole yet, please
be patient.  We are trying to spread the wealth. There will be more
promotions forthcoming.  Please check our website at www.terrapinbeer.com
for updated listings.

LET'S TALK BEER
We are always in the mood to talk beer. Email us at info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
about your experience with Terrapin: stories, compliments, or just why you
like the taste.  A free Terrapin T-Shirt will go to the top response each
month.  And we may even make you famous and put your story on our website.
Be sure to include your name, address and phone number so we know where to
send the T-Shirt.

This month's winner is Brant Huisman. Brant, please email us with your
contact info and what size shirt you would like.

"Hey guys,
Just wanted to thank you for the great ale. I was in town from Tennessee
visiting family in Atlanta last week and you guys rocked my world. We went
to the Brickstore in Decatur and I had my socks knocked off. I first had my
then favorite Serria Nevada Pale Ale which was great as always. But for my
second pint I ordered a Terrapin Rye Pale Ale, I had never had it before,
being from Tennessee and all. But let me tell you I could not stop saying "
This is the best Pale Ale Ever." And now I am back home and hanker'n for my
now favorite Terrapin Rye. I was pleased to find on your site that
"America" agreed with me and named you the best. I cant wait till you can
get it distributed. Good luck and please let me know if, when and how I can
order it. Strap in, you guys have got a great thing there and I hope it
fly's."

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Every month Terrapin Beer Company will be giving away one T-shirt to an
Extreme Team member who has a birthday during that month.  Are you
registered?  Maybe.  If you receive this email you are a member of The
Terrapin Extreme Team but that doesn't mean that we know your birthday.
Make sure that we have all of your info updated by sending your name,
address, phone, and birthdate to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You will be entered
to win and we promise not to tell anyone how old you are.

The winner for July is Wendy Bell of Atlanta GA.  Congratulations Wendy.
Please email us with your contact info and what size shirt you would like.

That's all for now. Thank you for all of your support. Feel free to send
any comments, suggestions or questions for Terrapin Beer Company to
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Or call John Cochran at (706) 202-4467 or Brian
Buckowski at (678) 522-3489.

Brian (Spike) Buckowski and John Cochran
Terrapin Beer Company

To UNsubscribe to this newsletter, please send an email to
terrapin-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the SUBJECT field.

To contact Terrapin, send an email to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx