[terrapin] Terrapin Times - August 2003

  • From: Terrapin Beer Company <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: terrapin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2003 20:53:54 -0400

TERRAPIN TIMES AUGUST, 2003
www.terrapinbeer.com

Welcome to the latest issue of the TERRAPIN TIMES, the monthly email
newsletter of Terrapin Beer Company. If you do not wish to receive future
issues of the TERRAPIN TIMES, instructions on how to be removed from the
Terrapin Extreme Team membership list are included at the bottom of this
message.

In this issue:
* TERRAPIN BEER CO. TO APPEAR ON TURNERSOUTH!
* RYE PALE ALE RECIPE IN BREW-YOUR-OWN MAGAZINE
* UPCOMING PROMOTIONS
* LET'S TALK BEER (CONTEST)
* HAPPY BIRTHDAY (CONTEST)

TERRAPIN BEER CO. TO APPEAR ON TURNERSOUTH!
That's right. We're going to be on tv.  You may be also; some of the
footage came from our one year anniversary party at Taco Mac and the
Classic City BrewFest this past April. Turnersouth has a new show called
"Blue Ribbon" that focuses on different things Southern. One episode is on
the best breweries in the South. Only four breweries were picked and two of
those are from Georgia!  Kudos go out to Sweetwater Brewing Company who
will also be featured in this new show. The "Breweries" episode of Blue
Ribbon debuts Wednesday, July 30 at 10:30PM on Turner South. The show will
also be repeated several times in August. Below is the schedule. Of course
we expect you to watch all of them.

Wednesday, July 30, 2003 - 10:30 PM
Saturday, August 2, 2003 - 11:00 AM
Saturday, August 2, 2003 - 6:00 PM
Sunday, August 17, 2003 - 4:30 PM
Wednesday, August 27, 2003 - 10:30 PM
Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 11:00 AM
Saturday, August 30, 2003 - 6:00 PM

RYE PALE ALE RECIPE IN BREW-YOUR-OWN MAGAZINE
This is for all of the homebrewers out there. The July-August issue of Brew
Your Own magazine features the recipe for the Terrapin Rye Pale Ale in the
"replicator" column on page 9. Feel free to make your own Terrapin Rye Pale
Ale; just be sure to send us some samples! For more info and to order a
sample issue go to www.byo.com

UPCOMING PROMOTIONS
Would you rather buy your pint glass with beer already in it and then take
it home?  If so we have several locations during July where you can do just
that by participating in our Terrapin Pint Nights.  Buy a beer and keep the
glass; while supplies last.

Aug 20 - Wednesday      Caruso's, Dahlonega: Pint Night with live music from
"Safe Ride Home".
Aug 23 - Saturday       Chattanooga Beer Festival.
Aug 27 - Wednesday      Blind Pig Tavern, Athens: Pint Night and Trivia.
Aug 28 - Thursday       Loco's, Haynes Br.: Pint Night
Aug 29 - Friday         Mellow Mushroom, Cumming: Pint Night

This is not an official Terrapin promotion but if you keep your eyes peeled
you will find us in the parking lot with a keg or two. If you see us, feel
free to stop by and have a pint.
July 31 - Thursday      Bob Dylan, Robert Hunter, The Dead - Lakewood.

If we have not had a promotion at your favorite watering hole yet, please
be patient.  We are trying to spread the wealth. There will be more
promotions forthcoming.  Please check our website at www.terrapinbeer.com
for updated listings.

LET'S TALK BEER
We are always in the mood to talk beer. Email us at info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
about your experience with Terrapin: stories, compliments, or just why you
like the taste.  A free Terrapin T-Shirt will go to the top response each
month.  And we may even make you famous and put your story on our website.
Be sure to include your name, address and phone number so we know where to
send the T-Shirt.

This month's winner is Rick Fifer, self described beer geek from Orange
Park, FL. He is the one responsible for getting Brew Your Own magazine to
publish our recipe. (With friends like that......)  Rick, please email us
with your contact info and what size shirt you would like (M or XL).

Greetings from the Sunshine State!
Just wanted to drop you a note to let you know how great your beer is. (As
if you didn't already know!) I "discovered" Terrapin Rye PA in the Duluth
Taco Mac last summer while in the area on business and fell in love! My job
takes me all over North America so I get to try beer all over this great
country. Before Terrapin, my favorite place to visit was always the west
coast because of the variety of great beers out there, but now I look
forward to going to Atlanta. Good thing - it seems like I'm there once or
twice a month! Every trip I end up at Taco Mac with a pint (or two!) of
Terrapin and a good cigar. My neighbor and I, both home brewers, had
planned to make it to Denver last fall for the GABF but were thwarted by
wives and budgets.  I was not surprised at all that Terrapin Rye PA won
gold in the Pale Ale category. It justified the praise that I had lavished
upon it while describing it to my neighbor, Jay. Unfortunately, since
Terrapin is only available on draft, I have never been able to bring some
home for my friend to try. That's when an idea hit me - being homebrewers,
Jay and I both subscribe to Brew Your Own magazine, which has a recurring
column called the "Replicator". Each issue the Replicator attempts to
create a clone recipe for some regional beer at a subscriber's request.
Well, to make a long story short, I contacted the magazine and the current
issue of Brew Your Own (July-August) contains the Replicator's version of
Terrapin Rye Pale Ale. My intent was certainly not to hurt your sales but
to increase awareness to the beer community about a great beer and for my
neighbor and I to have our own Rye Pale Ale. Don't worry, I don't expect it
to be quite the same and you'll never lose me as a faithful drinker - at
least when I'm in the Atlanta area. We have yet to follow the recipe but
I'll certainly fill you in once we do. I'll be back at Taco Mac in a couple
of weeks. Mmmmmm.....I can almost taste it already.
Keep it Extreme!
Rick Fifer, beer geek

HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Every month Terrapin Beer Company will be giving away one T-shirt to an
Extreme Team member who has a birthday during that month.  Are you
registered?  Maybe.  If you receive this email you are a member of The
Terrapin Extreme Team but that doesn't mean that we know your birthday.
Make sure that we have all of your info updated by sending your name,
address, phone, and birth date to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx You will be
entered to win and we promise not to tell anyone how old you are.

The winner for August is Paul Davis of Atlanta GA.  Congratulations Paul.
Please email us with your contact info and what size shirt you would like
(M or XL).

That's all for now. Thank you for all of your support. Feel free to send
any comments, suggestions or questions for Terrapin Beer Company to
info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Or call John Cochran at (706) 202-4467 or Brian
Buckowski at (678) 522-3489.

Brian (Spike) Buckowski and John Cochran
Terrapin Beer Company

To UNsubscribe to this newsletter, please send an email to
terrapin-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with 'unsubscribe' in the SUBJECT field.

To contact Terrapin, send an email to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx