[techtalk] Whats in your toolkit ?

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:02:29 +0100

Hi,

Had a good laugh today. A mate of mine wanted to upgrade
his motherboard so he brought in his current machine which
turned out to be a PC World jobbie.

On closer inspection it turned out that the heatsink was stuck
well and truly onto the CPU. It would not budge !

In desperation we called our local PC emporium and the techy
just said - bring it in and we'll take a look.

He managed to part the CPU and heatsink using - a vice and
a hair drier :-)

I don't have those items in my toolkit - maybe I should !
--
Cheers,

*Paul*

Honesty is the best policy, but insanity is a better defense