[techtalk] Re: Weird dial-up problem

  • From: Gavin Kinsey <spam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 5 May 2004 07:07:50 +0100

Bob Carter <kootenay@xxxxxxxxx> says...

> I have run full virus scans with Norton Antivirus 2003, and with Nod32, both
> with the latest definitions, but nothing undue is found.  I've also run
> spyware scans with AdAware and Spybot, with the same results.  I am wide
> open to suggestions, of the troubleshooting sort that is! ;-)  Thanks!

This may be way off the mark here, but I remember a little while ago
(on the cvsnt mailing list IIRC) hearing that Nod32 manages to fubar
some network related stuff pretty good.  It might be worth uninstalling
it (just switching it off isn't enough) and see if that helps at all.

--
I've heard of documentation.  It's an endangered species of fish I believe.

Gavin Kinsey - gavin at trollgod dot org dot uk