[techtalk] Some Win98 oddities

  • From: Tim Seifert <sir_tim_seifert@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2004 15:01:45 +1030

Hi,

Does anyone have any ideas about these issues:

Frequently when "logging off" Win98SE as a particular user that PC will
shutdown instead of log off.

Lately the PC has taken to not completing booting.  I get to the stage
where there's a menu for safe or normal booting, etc., and it stays there
if I try to boot normally (other modes work).  Sometimes it'll continue
after a few minutes, or several resets, but often not.  Oddly, if I boot
up in interactive mode, where you have to confirm each step, it boots up
without problems.  I can't see the difference between manually confirming
each step, and it assuming that.

--
Bye,
Tim (from Modbury, near Adelaide, South Australia).

... I'm alergic to nuts.