[techtalk] Cool 'n Quiet

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 19:03:54 +0100

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone else was caught out the first time they
installed an AMD Athlon 64 CPU in a Cool 'n Quiet capable mobo ?

I'd never seen it in action before and it took me totally by surprise
when the CPU fan turned itself off - I yanked the power cable out
ASAP :-)

I then did a bit of Googling only to find that this behaviour is
by design - doh !

Then checked the temps in the BIOS and sure enough, as soon as the
CPU hit 34c the fan kicked back in - phew :-)

Had me worried for a while there I can tell you !
--
Cheers,

*Paul*

All general statements are false.