[techtalk] Re: Laptops

  • From: Paul Ferguson <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TechTalk <techtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 21:30:41 +0100

Hi Andrew

On 26-Jul-04, Andrew Davidson wrote:

> 50 Hail Marys and no supper for 3 weeks. IF you're that way inclined.
> :)

Ah luckily I'm not ;)

> On a more serious note, I was wondering what most folks prefer using
> as regards a mail client on the PC? I know I could go through all the
> headers, but I really couldn't be bothered...

I've used The Bat! and a couple of others (one was possibly Free
Agent I don't recall) I was going to register The Bat! but never got
around to it.

> I'm quite happy with Eudora, now that they've decided to develop it
> again. I'm stuck with the junk that is Outlook 2003 in work, as we're
> using Exchange. I'd prefer Evolution on Linux, but the plugin for
> Exchange isn't free.

When my Amiga finally dies then I hope to be picking up my mails
on my Fedora Core 2 machine but I had some problems when I tried
it in the past - IIRC it was a Sendmail configuration issue and I never
did get it sorted.

I've been using Exchange clients for about 6 years now and I guess
I've just come to accept that we'll never use anything other than
Exchange server @ work so, I feel OK using Outlook @ home or
@ work.

Then again, if I could get YAM to run under WinUAE ...... :)
--
Cheers,

*Paul*

Don't ask me - I just work here