[TechAssist] Re: zenith TVSB 1320 TV/VCR

  • From: "J Silverman" <greentron@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2002 15:21:05 -0500

In the primary of the SMPS there are usually some small electrolytics for
startup to defeat the protection circuits until the secondary caps get
charged up and the feedback starts working. Because they cleverly usually
locate these caps close to the heat dissipator, they get dried out and
eventually do not provide sufficient time for the supply to get working.
Then it starts briefly and shuts down.
Jerry Silverman
Greentron Inc
4 Newland Ave