[TechAssist] Re: (update)Bear of a Sanyo DS35590 HOT shorts at plug in

  • From: "Shoreline Electronics" <jstielau@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 21:50:33 -0500

Take a look at this....from the DS31590...typical disaster

Text pasted from WinSTIPS 2.0
http://www.ServiceSoftware.com

SANYO   DS31590

Dead, After Surge

Q402 Hot Shorted - D1879
D612 Opto-Isolator Open - Pc817
Q635 - Control Or Driver For Opto C536 Sub Nte 85  Shorted
Q695 - "                                      " A608 Sub Nte 290a  Shorted
Q693 - "                                      " C536 Sub Nte 85 Shorted
Ic681 - 5v Regulator Ic 78l05 Shorted
D1901 - 7.5v Zener (Protect Diode I'M Guessing For 5v Protection) Leaking.

Note: When Replacing Hot I Strongly Recommend Testing For Regulation Before
Powering Set Or The B+ Will Shoot To Over 200v And Destroy Any Hot. This Can
Be Done Simply By Leaving The Hot Out Of Circuit And Hooking 40 To 100w
Light Bulb From Collector To Gnd And Plugging Set In Without Turning On And
Check B+ For 75 To 80v. Then You May Power Set Up If It Will And Check B+
For 130v.

Jeff Stielau
Shoreline Electronics Repair
344 East Main Street