[TechAssist] update: Toshiba 50H82 (TAC0263) cust. says trouble with some HD modes (on dish sat)]

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 16:03:41 -0400

Update:
I have another good working Toshiba HD here: model 42H83 / TAC0359. I
did the same HD test with my sencore VP301  and my set does exactly the
same. The viewable modes and the blank modes are the same, so this must
be the nature of the beasts. I don't think anything is wrong with their
set. They are on Dish Network sat service and maybe their sat box is the
problem if any.
Phil Bader

Customer left a detailed description with the set. (last month we fixed
it for "dead set" with pico fuse on power board+ resoldered converg.
board,etc  per Toshiba bulliten for when that  F470 fuse goes) cust says:
/"Flashes several times on 720. When picture came in it is white with a
splash of color here and there. 420 and 1080i work fine. When formatting
Res. change & flashes on pillar."
/Read from that what you will...
When I powered up this set here in shop it was set to "Colorstream mode HD1"
Now... I have a sencore VP301 with the following HD modes, and  I have
noted here the effect I get on this set switching from one to the next
(using the component video inputs):
480 i 29: good display with my Sencore VP301 on the HD inputs.
480 i 30: good
480 p 59:good
480 p 60: good
720 p 59: good
720 p 60: good
960 p 59: blank ("blank" usually means I see the horiz goes instantly
out of freq then screen is black)
1080 i 25 blank
1080 i 29: good
1080 i 30: good
1080 p 50: blank
1080 p 59: blank
1080 p 60: blank
1080 p 24: blank
1080 s 24: blank
I havn't yet gone all thru the cust. menu incase there is some setting
causing this. Should this set display ALL these Sencore HD  rates?
Phil Bader

//

--

Philip Bader