[TechAssist] update RCA F27450, ATC113BB1 SMPS noise, HOT shorted...

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 21:50:41 -0500

I replaced the 2SC5148 HOT and resoldered the base coil. Plugged it in,
heard the HV come up by itself (may have gone out in a power on state),
then shutdown. My HOT is OK. I then noticed the NIMROD who broght it in
had the CRT Dag wire assy plugged up on the vert yoke pins on the yoke.
Dag was somewhere else.
Same plug type.  This caused some interesting static around the metal
parts for a second,since the CRT was ungrounded. Gad. I properly placed
all the plugs where they should go.
 Still, plug it in, in a few seconds,  HV comes up good,and immediate
shutdoen. Think Nimrod toasted the chassis, or maybe the fly is doing
this, since these have a hi failure rate with flys?
Bad enough without "junior" helping.
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader