[TechAssist] RCA F27450, ATC113BB1 SMPS noise, HOT shorted...

  • From: Phil Bader <tjanphyl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 02 Dec 2004 17:06:35 -0500

A customer DIY-er opened this dead set after it failed and said the
power supply was squeeling. He left the set with me. I found the HOT
transistor was shorted (TL02) Hence the squeel.. This set  looks like it
uses a coil to the HOT base marked L04?, looks like the infamous L4401
in the CTC203 that gets loose and destroys the HOT.  Possible loose at
one end.Think the same here?
This is a new chassis to me. Need some common sym/cures related to bad HOTs
Thanks,
Phil Bader

--

Philip Bader