[TechAssist] Re: sound card oscilloscopes

  • From: "Technotronic Dimensions" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 13:38:09 -0500

No, I think what he means is a program you run on your PC, and it shows you
the screen of a scope with all the common controls etc, and you use the mike
input or Aux input of  your sound card on the PC as the input to the scope.
Of course, you are limited to the audio spectrum the sound cards inputs are
rated at.

I have see others that have BNC connectors on them, and drop into the ISA
and PCI slots and come with their own software and are 20-60 mhz Scopes, but
the system costa about as much as a regular scope would anyway. I think
Mouser Electronics sold them.

Steve Hearns
Technotronic Dimensions, NY [USA]
WWW.TECHNOTRONIC-DIMENSIONS.COM
1-877-817-9885 (Voice / Fax Toll Free - US Only)
E-Mail: Steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx