[TechAssist] Re: phillips ptv 910

  • From: "Electric Medic" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 15:36:38 -0400

It's probably a tube. Need to pull all three one by one and reseal the
anode. That would be my first thought on popping and short H.O.T., not SSB.
SSB has it's own many failures, but...I have never seen it cause a set to
pop and blow H.O.T. That is almost always a tube on a Philips, any chassis.

Perry Bower
Electric Medic
"It's Cheaper to Keep Her"
http://www.electricmedic.com