[TechAssist] philips FW-72C 3-disc changer/ mini hi fi system FIXED, sort of

  • From: MYERSVCR@xxxxxxx
  • To: techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 07:17:27 EST

Customer complained of 'No Disc' appearing in display when she tried to play
a CD
Also the right hand tape deck did had no functions.
    Cleaning laser solved no-disc problem and reseating a spring behind the
audio head restored all tape functions.
    However, the 'disc change' feature does not work and the button 'CD2',
which is supposed to allow you to beging playing CD2 directly does nothing.
CD1 and CD3 buttons work ok. all other CD functions are OK. Ironically if you
play CD1 to the end CD2 will play in it's normal sequence.
    I replaced the tray ribbon cable & resoldered all related board
connectors, soldered switch contacts and checked related SMD components near
switches but no results. Both of these switches are on the same small board
but  all other functions on this board work.
    Customer did not mention these problems but if anyone knows anything I'd
like to try  it . This is a good customer.   Craig
Submit A Repair Tip Here, or Change/Remove your Email Address:
For automatic password retrieval 24 hours a day, go to: