From: "Jerry Wilkinson" <scotvrpr@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <techassist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Saturday, January 08, 2005 10:04 AM
Subject: [TechAssist] Re: increasing ge service contract rates

Jeff ,I just wanted to know if the offered rates were
in the ball park..cost of doing business can vary a
mile away not just city by city or state by
state...judging by the responses i got, public and
private, $250 for a major on a larger than 28" is
closer to average and, some shops have been getting
that amount for over two years. also ge pays $65 for a
straight service call,and according to my counselor
thats all they will pay because "you guys" dont do
anything on a minor call anyway..thanks for the
Scottys TV

--- Ed Gaidies <teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> At $190 for a Service Call...I would drive up to
> Wal-Mart these days.
> Sorry LeRoy.
>
> -Ed-
> Ed Gaidies
> Tel-Tek Electronics
> Ontario-Canada
> teltek3@xxxxxxxxxxxx
> teltek@xxxxxxxxx
>

> On 8-Jan-05, at 8:42 AM, Philstv@xxxxxxx wrote:
>
> > GE considers the area when setting prices. If
> there's alot of
> > competition in
> > your area, you'll get less because the "shop down
> the road will do it
> > for
> > less".
> > I know the price for a service call and repair
> they paid in the
> > Detroit area
> > was $190.00 + parts.
> >
> > Phil Solarz
> > RAC - National Product Service
> > Phil's Electronics
> > C.E.T. GNN3799 - FMIC
> > 734-718-0301
> >
> > I disagree, Jeff.  I think this is a very good
> question.  Companies all
> > over advertise prices when they want to sell
> something.  Besides,
> > someone might post information that directly
> effects you in your town.
> >
> > And it isn't like there is any "price fixing"
> going on here.  So what
> > if
> >   you in Steelton and I in Pensacola agree to
> charge the same labor
> > rate, how would that effect customers in either of
> our cities?
> >
> > Wayne Vanaman
> > Omega Electronics
> > 6904 W Fairfield Dr
> > Pensacola, Fl.  32506-3310
> >
> > Wayne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > WWW.PensacolaTVRepair.Com
> >
> > 850-456-5995 voice
> > 850-458-6369 fax
> >

> > Intrepid Video Support wrote:
> >> Jerry,
> >> Not a good question to post publicly, let alone
> get a good answer on
> >> a list
> > of people from
> >> all over.
> >> Cost of living varies from different parts of the
> country. In no way
> >> can
> > anyone from PA,
> >> FL, NY answer you.
> >> We don't know your cost of doing business, what
> the cost of living is
> >> in
> > your area or what
> >> kind of over-head you have.
> >> Jeff
> >> --
> >> Intrepid Video TV/VCR Repair
> >> 263 S Front St, Steelton PA 17113
> >> 717-939-7708; (F) 717-564-4952
> >> www.intrepid-video.com  www.tech-repair.net

=====
JERRY WILKINSON
SCOTTY'S TV SERVICE
LIVONIA MICHIGAN

All your favorites on one personal page - Try My Yahoo!
http://my.yahoo.com